hola comrades
well I dont really know what I was on about on that last entry, but now that the dam scar is healing, I have to think of something new. Ok so a bit of a more concrete entry about Cuba. I have to admit at first I was a little thrown off. I didnt like the way everything was so separte in the tourist industry...different currency, regualted places to stay and eat, people having there credential checked all the time on the street. It was like all the things i like about travellin were forbidden. Dualities seemed to represent every part of cuba..a country for the people, where basic things like transport arent provided..a country full of music where the beat is happy but all the words about sadness and suffering. I wasnt seeing how the average cuban was really benefitting from the growth in the tourist industry. But there is a Cuban saying that goes, somethingi n translation like, when a cuba arrives in the desert, the next week you pass by he will have started selling bottled water. And it is really true, when you start travelling you begin to understand the system and all the little ways people find to make money when entreuprenuership is not allowed. and having been on the road for about a month now, everything is starting to open up..on the road talking to so many differnet kinds of people listening to their stories and thoughts about the political system, so interesting an inspiring...i feel happy, grateful for life for the river and the ocean and the breeze..
i hope life is good back home and i miss you all
hugs and more hugs
i hope life is good back home and i miss you all
hugs and more hugs

2 Comments:
Heya Taytay!!! So great to read your entries and get little peaks into your travels so far. How long are you planning to travel down through CA and the Islands?
You're such an amazing person Tay and I can only imagine all of the interesting people you'll meet throughout this journey.
Can't wait to hear more! Love ya lots.
hey doll,
igualemente! great to her about your adventures in japan chica...im already in san cristobal so the travelling is finito, but i hope the adventures continue
adios bella
Post a Comment
<< Home